This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

[resolved] Multi portals

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Hi,

I just install DNN on Azure and I want to create some portals with different hostnames. So... I would like to tell to IIS to add those domains name. :)

In Umbraco (on Azure) I had  to add a xml files on the blob storage and reimage the vm so that the accelerator could read this file and configure IIS.

What's the trick with DNN ?

Thanks,
Florent.

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Hi Florent,

with the new version of the DNN accelerator this is made through the ServiceConfiguration.csfg, i.e.

<

Setting name="hostHeaders" value="www.mydomain.com;mydomain.cloudapp.net" />

I've detected that this and other settings are not being updated when changing the running configuration, so you will need to reimage the VM. I'll fix this in the next release so you won't need to reimage the VM.

Also, If you have configured RDP, you can manually add the bindings to the running instances through the IIS interface (new instances will take the settings specified in the serviceconfiguration.csfg).

Thanks,
David Rodriguez

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Hi David,

Yeap I just found the solution and I was going to post it. ^^

I also could modify the IIS server on the webrole but I think it's important to say that if the vm crash or whatever and I didn't repport this change on the serviceconfiguration file, I will lost the IIS configuration.

So, ya, modify IIS is the fastest way to add a new domain but don't forget to also add it in the serviceconfiguration file. ;)

Thanks !