403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I am using the SMB version of the DotNetNuke Accelerator (Jun 12 release) but I am facing the "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied" error when I attempt to browse my deployment. Any idea what might be happening?

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Hi @Awwab, 

Check this discussion about the certificates. I think it would be the same issue. http://dnnazureaccelerator.codeplex.com/discussions/263814

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Hello David,

Thanks for the reply. The WADLogsTable shows that the SMB Server could not mount the cloud drive - Error: Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.CloudDriveException: Unknown Error HRESULT=D000000D ---> Microsoft.WindowsAzure.CloudDrive.Interop.InteropCloudDriveException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.CloudDrive.Interop.InteropCloudDriveException' was thrown.   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.CloudDrive.Interop.InteropCloudDrive.Mount(String url, SignatureCallBack sign, String mount, Int32 cacheSize, UInt32 flags)   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.CloudDrive.Mount(Int32 cacheSize, DriveMountOptions options)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.CloudDrive.Mount(Int32 cacheSize, DriveMountOptions options)   at SMBServer.WorkerRole.OnStart(). The AcceleratorConnectionString has DefaultEndpointsProtocol=http. Any idea what might be causing this?

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Hi again,

Have you changed the size of the VHD image (256Mb) after the initial deployment? I have not tested that and a "resize VHD process" is needed (I'll put in the to-do list for a next release).

If you need to resize the VHD image, a workaround for that is connecting via RDP, create/mount the new VHD image and copy the contents from the first drive to the new one. Then you can use the new VHD resized image.

You can create a new VHD image deploying a new resized instance, the zip/copy/paste contents via RDP between the two instances. Since this is not the "best way" (thinking on big VHD images), I recommend Cerebrata Storage Studio and Cerebrata CmdLets for this purpouse because they allow to copy/paste VHD images directly on storage using the underlying Windows Azure API.

Regards.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Edited Aug 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Another reason should be that you are using the same VHD on another deployed service. Please, check the setting <Setting name="driveName" value="dotnetnuke.vhd" /> and make sure that you aren't using the same VHD on another deployed service. If you want to create more DNN deployed services, you should choose different VHD names for each one (i.e. dotnetnuke6.vhd, mydrivename.vhd, etc.). This entry is not modified during the uploading process, so you need to change it manually. I'll include this setting on the wizard in a future release.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM

After two successfull deployments, I've built a list about the main reasons of the 403 error. Check the "Documentation" page to see the list and tell me if one of them fix your problem. (http://dnnazureaccelerator.codeplex.com/documentation)

Thanks for feedback