Error when upload service configuration file to a cloud service

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I am trying to add these lines to the service configuration:

<Setting name="issuer" value=""/>

<Setting name="AudienceUri" value=".."/>

<Setting name="realm" value=".."/>

but when I want to update service on the cloud, gives me this error:

One or more configuration settings are specified for this deployment configuration but are not defined in the service definition file: ???:issuer, ???:AudienceUri, ??:realm:???

I also tried to upload a new configuration file for the service but it fails too.

what to do? 

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Hi,

not sure what you are trying to do. You can't add settings to an Azure service configuration file if they are not included in the service package manifest, something that is done at build time. BTW, the service configuration settings are for hosted service deployed -the hosting environment- not for DotNetNuke itself.

If your intention is to add this settings to the DotNetNuke web.config file, just open a RDP connection -or WebDeploy, or FTP- to the instance and modify the F:\DotNetNuke\Web.config as usual.

Hope this help,

David

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Hi,

Thanx for your reply.
I am trying to authenticate users for the website which is running on the windows azure. so I published the project (as in staging state)to the cloud and when windows azure created a unique address for the cloudapp, I tried to use that address in configuration file. but it doesn't let me do that.
I can't set the AudianceUri and Realm properties for the service before publishing, because the address is unique and it is created after publishing!

Hope I could explain the problem more clear.

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 1:23 PM
To: Jalali, Afshan
Subject: Re: Error when upload service configuration file to a cloud service [dnnazureaccelerator:403628]

Hi,

not sure what you are trying to do. You can't add settings to an Azure service configuration file if they are not included in the service package manifest, something that is done at build time. BTW, the service configuration settings are for hosted service deployed -the hosting environment- not for DotNetNuke itself.

If your intention is to add this settings to the DotNetNuke web.config file, just open a RDP connection -or WebDeploy, or FTP- to the instance and modify the F:\DotNetNuke\Web.config as usual.

Hope this help,

David

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Hi David,

I have deployed the web application to the cloud as a website(windows Azure).these are the setting inside web.config after I customize Identity and Access from VS:

<wsFederation passiveRedirectEnabled="true" 

issuer="https://...accesscontrol.windows.net/v2/wsfederation" 

realm="http://....cloudapp.net/" 

reply="http://...cloudapp.net/" requireHttps="false" />

but after opening the website I will give this error:

"

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /"

I don't have any clue for this error!

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I'm missing something here. What are you trying to do? Just trying to authenticate users on a DNN website running on Windows Azure? If that's true, you can use the authentication providers that come with DotNetNuke: DNN authenticatin, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Windows Live, etc. If what you are trying to do is to use Windows Azure ACS for authentication, you should implement a new authentication provider for DNN.

The other part I missed in your last question is it seems you deployed DotNetNuke directly from Visual Studio as a website (without the accelerator package). That simply will not work for DotNetNuke since the content is not preserved between VM recycles, and this is the main reason to use this accelerator by attaching a VHD with the website contents.

Hope this helps

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM

David,

I am using Identity and access tool in Visual studio 2012. so I first created a namespace on windows azure and then configured Identity and access to use Windows Live ID as an Identity provider and then deployed my windows application to the cloud.

The scenario I am trying to implement is authenticate my website users by ACS. 

Hope I could explain it better now