installed Dotnetnuke successfully with accelerator but cant login to website

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM

DotNetNuke Azure Accelerator seemed to install without any problems. I checked the log and all the events were successful. I then tried to login but the login details I provided for the database don't seem to work. Have I missed an important step. How are the login details created and where are they located to login into the DotNetNuke site created by the DotNetNuke Azure Accelerator.

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi @alex,

The Accelerator Wizard actually installs with defaults so the host username and password are the default ones:

- Username: host

- Password: dnnhost

You should change those credentials as the first task after your first login.

For advanced scenarios, there is a way to specify a different install defaults, by specifying a “DotNetNuke.install.config” location in the “packageInstallConfiguration” setting available on the .cscfg file, but I recommend you to follow the first way.

Hope this helps

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:27 AM
To: davidjrh@hotmail.com
Subject: installed Dotnetnuke successfully with accelerator but cant login to website [dnnazureaccelerator:407286]

DotNetNuke Azure Accelerator seemed to install without any problems. I checked the log and all the events were successful. I then tried to login but the login details I provided for the database don't seem to work. Have I missed an important step. How are the login details created and where are they located to login into the DotNetNuke site created by the DotNetNuke Azure Accelerator.

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

hi @david

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I found the post very helpful