This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple DNN Installations on the 1 cloud service

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Hi,

Absolutely love the accelerator & the support that goes along with it. Thanks David.

What I would like to work out how to have multiple instances of DNN on the 1 cloud service. By that I mean multiple IIS sites talking to their own databases, with SSL certs.

Ive tried to do the host with portals but that wont work for us since each site needs to have its own email address for say notifiying completed forms etc

What would be the easiest way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Sorry forgot I already asked this.

Even if you're aware of a workaround for the time being, that would be greatly appreciated
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Hi @tango,

Sorry for the delay on answering, I was very busy last week. The requirements you are asking for are supposed to be met by only one DNN instance. Remember that you can specify a different portal admin for each one, and each admin can have a different e-mail (are different user accounts).

Perhaps what will be more difficult to setup in the accelerator is to have multiple SSL certs mapped to the same site. This is not currently supported but is a feature that with high probability I will include in a coming release (in fact, I'm going to create a work item just now).

Multiple DNN instances will be available in about two weeks, but have this in mind: each DNN instance has a minimum RAM thumbprint of about 275Mb. That means that if you enable WebDeploy, FTP and SMTP services, one DNN instance on a ExtraSmall will work, but very limited on performance (remember also the ExtraSmall bandwidth 5Mbits/s limitations). On a Small instance you could have two DNN instances. Greater instances like Medium, Large, etc. would allow more instances. Will give more info about this when implemented.

Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.