Windows Azure deployments of DotNetNuke Community using virtual hard drive (cloud-drive) image that is created dynamically on the cloud. Enables the creation of new DotNetNuke host instances from on-premise to the cloud using a wizard that guides you on this process, creating the SQL Azure database, uploading the solution engine and associated service configurations. IMPORTANT NOTE
: The package included in this release will install and deploy DotNetNuke CE 6.2 Beta 2. This behaviour will change after DNN 6.2 release, installing the latest "Stable" DNN package available on CodePlex.
New features in this release
- Modified the local file sharing user account creation on roles to don't allow account expiration
- Modified the web roles endpoints to allow traffic on port 443
- Changed the package unzip operations to use managed code (ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll)
- Use of "netsh advfirewall firewall" to allow traffic on the SMB server Windows Server 2008 R2 (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947709/)
- Automatic adition of "IsWebFarm" app setting in the web.config file to enable the FileCachingProvider
- Automatic download of the latest available CE package from CodePlex on first run (Beta feature). Also you can overwrite the "packageUrl" setting to download from any other customized location, like previous Azure Storage container locations or any other.
- Changed the Azure diagnostic monitor initialization. Now the events are being correctly logged on web roles.
- Extra packages has been moved to a separated download. The wizard comes with the "Azure Single and Small" package so the DNNAzureAccelerator package only weights 4Mb.
- Changed the default binding. The default website will be the DotNetNuke website instead of the webrole website, what means that specifying host headers is no longer mandatory, and enables the possibility of deploying on Staging environment and other operations like Swap VIP
- Now on role startup, the database and login user will be created if the database does not exist. This will make easier to create new DNN service deployments by simply changing the service configuration file without having to do that task manually or through the accelerator wizard.
- Added new deployment progress page on the webrole website, showing the service deployment status until the site is ready. By default, the deployment log stored on Table Storage is not shown on this page, but you can enable it on the service configuration file for debugging purposes. You can access these details using remote desktop on any webrole and browsing "http://admin.dnndev.me".
- Wizard redesigned adding steps for automatic provisioning and deployment, allowing to provision hosted services, storage accounts, SQL Azure server, firewall rules, etc.
- Added an option on the Wizard to do an automatic installation with default parameters. Remember that default credentials are user "host" with password "dnnhost", change that credentials as soon as possible
- Added an option on the Wizard to export to a local system folder for later deployment
The summary of steps for deploying DNN Community on Windows Azure is:
- GET A WINDOWS AZURE SUBSCRIPTION
- You can sign-up for a free 3 month trial here http://www.windowsazure.com/es-es/pricing/free-trial/
- RUN THE ACCELERATOR
- Download the DotNetNuke Wizard Accelerator package and uncompress it
- Run DNNAzureWizard.exe and follow the steps