Windows Azure deployments of DotNetNuke Community using virtual hard drive (cloud-drive) image that is created dynamically on the cloud. Enables the creation of new DotNetNuke host instances from on-premise to the cloud using a wizard that guides you on this process, creating the SQL Azure database, uploading the solution engine and associated service configurations.
New features in this release
- Added a new startup task to setup and configure the localhost SMTP server on the webroles. Now you can use LOCALHOST as SMTP server without the need of using a 3rd party SMTP server
- Added "post-install" addons feature: if an url pointing to a .zip file is specified in the service configuration file, after the successful start of the SMB server the .zip file will be downloaded and decompressed into the DotNetNuke folder maintaining the same files and folder architecture and overwriting contents. This is an useful feature to add in an automated way 3rd party files, dependencies, etc. to a DotNetNuke clean install. Use it as you wish.
- Added SSL binding support: the Accelerator wizard does not include a step to setup this yet, but the work is done in the package. To manually setup SSL on your service configuration file, please read this thread http://dnnazureaccelerator.codeplex.com/discussions/359504
- Added Web Platform Installer support: a new startup task has been added to enable WebPI products installations and dependencies, like MVC3, WebDeploy, etc.
- Added WebDeploy support: a new checkbox has been added in the Remote Desktop setup step, in order to enable WebDeploy. Using the new Web Plaform Installer feature, with Web Deploy enabled (note that enabling this feature takes about 10 more minutes for the VM deployment), you can access to your site using tools like WebMatrix or other command line tools like WebDeploy's command line utility, in order to copy or modify files or create your own backups.
- Changed the way to import the publish settings file: discontinued the automatic download while refreshing the subscription data, you have to manually download and import the file in the wizard.
- The packages are using the latest Azure SDK 1.7 (June 2012)
- Fixed the packageUrl on the SMB package
- Fixed references to use latest versions
- Fixed an issue causing the "fileshare" user's password being expired after a month
- Fixed an issue on the wizard's verification step while deploying ("No deployments were found")
The summary of steps for deploying DNN Community on Windows Azure is:
- GET A WINDOWS AZURE SUBSCRIPTION
- You can sign-up for a free 3 month trial here http://www.windowsazure.com/es-es/pricing/free-trial/
- RUN THE ACCELERATOR
- Download the DotNetNuke Wizard Accelerator package and uncompress it
- Run DNNAzureWizard.exe and follow the steps