This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

VMSize, role instance and web farm?

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Hi, I'm exciting to hear this, but I have some question about vmsize, role instance count and web farm.
I download this file and deploy to windows azure but I want to use ExtraSmall vm, but the vmsize is setting in .cspkg file, so can provide other vmsize package file?

Can I deploy over than one instance?

Is it support web farm?

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM

First of all, sorry for the late answer, I hadn't turn on the discussion notifications :P

For changing the VM size you need to download the Source Code Package, open it in Visual Studio, change the VM Size, rebuild the package, upload and deploy it. For the first version of the Accelerator, you need to rebuild The Azure Accelerators Project, while for the release that I'm publishing today (with the SMB server), you need to use the source package that I've included in a separate file.

On the first version, webfarm is not supported. With the new version a webfarm version is supported (and preconfigured!) for the web roles instances. For the SMB role (file server), at this moment no more that one instance is supported so high availability is not yet. There are also a lot of new features that you would like to check.

Hope this helps.