This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is there an Auth Provider for DNN using Access Control Service?

Jul 13, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Hello,

I need to use Azure Access Control Service in order to authenticate users on my Azure based DNN site. 

a) I have found source code and tutorials about creating DNN Auth Modules.

b) I have also found tutorials and sample code about Federated Auth for Azure Access Control Service, which lets me to use Live ID, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, and other OpenID complient Identity Providers.

As i have found those sample code and tutorials seperately i could not find a tutorial that described both approaches mixed together.

Is it possible to use Azure ACS to authenticate DNN users on Azure?

regards,

Alen

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Hi Allen, 

AFIK at this moment there is no provider (commercial or forge) that provides this combined. This steps are the next that I described on the first DNN migration to Azure on November 2010. So the next steps that I've in mind are:

• Using Azure Access Control Service, creating a authentication provider (this is my first objective)
  • Using Azure App Fabric Cache, creating a caching provider (this is my second objective)
  • Using Azure Storage to store content, creating a folder provider for that (if the Azure Folder provider that comes with DNN 6.0 is only for the professional ed.). This is my third objective. 

Wait for news on august. 

Regards,

David