This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error Creating New Deployment

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I am using the new release of the accelerator, but when trying to setup new production deployment i get this error:

Error Creating New Deployment

Error creating deployment for hosted service 'xxx'

One or more configuration settings are specified for this deployment configuration but are not defined in the service definition file: DNNAzure:Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteForwarder.Enabled.

What to do?

Have enabled RDP and uploaded certificates.

Nov 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I have also just got this with a new deployment. Any body?

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Hum...it seems that there is an error on the compiled service package (not corresponds with the service configuration file). Which service package are you deploying exactly?

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM

By your description, you are using the package "DNNAzureSMB6.1_RDP.cspkg". Let me recompile it and test it. Surely I'll need to refresh the download, but I'll give you a link for download this package only and overwrite the one that you have on Storage just now.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Hi all, problem located. No need to recompile the package. The error is on the Service Configuration file "DNNAzureSMB6.1_RDP.cscfg". Just delete the XML element "/ServiceConfiguration/Role name='DNNAzure'/Setting name='Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteForwarder.Enabled' and try again. This entry is defined only on the SMB server role and I included this by error.

Tell me if this fix your problem. I'll upload the complete package with this file fixed.

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I am trying now will have an answer for you soon... thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I have updated the download with this file fixed. Thanks for feedback!

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Sorry it took so long had a few issues. Eventually got it deployed and now getting:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I have seen a post about this so will have a look at that to see of i can sort it out myself but if you have suggestions i am all ears!

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Thought this may help got this from the WaAppAgent:

[00000004] [11/04/2011 18:12:50.49] GetMachineGoalState() failed with exception: Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web.WebProtocolException: Server Error:  (Gone) ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web.WebHttpChannelProxy`1.Invoke(IMessage msg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.RoleContainer.Protocol.IControlSystem.GetMachineGoalState()
   at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.GuestAgent.ContainerStateMachine.ControlSystem.GetGoalState().

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM

The answer to your problem is easy. There is a problem with the bindings, and in your case is that you typed "," instead ";" character between the host names:

mydomainname.biz,mydomainname.com,mydomainname.net

Should be:

mydomainname.biz;mydomainname.com;maydomainname.net

I would check the syntax on the next release and I will focus to validate the entries. My "ideal" solution is that the package automatically read the service name from the environment, and automatically add the rest of bindings from the DNN portal aliases, so in a future there will be no need to specify this entry.

P.S. Vote for this http://dnnazureaccelerator.codeplex.com/workitem/418!

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Ok that was silly mistake on my behalf! Thanks so much for  your help and quick responses!

Great idea with automatically adding the portal aliases i will definitely be needing that in the coming months...

Nov 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I will try your solution asap.

Regarding bindings, what do i need to do after creating new portals, ex. portal A and portal B. And want to set up portal-a.com and portal-b.com to these. Do i need to restart the roles?

what do i do?

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Hi ottomeis, yet trying to get at home from DNNWorld, sorry for the late answer.

Yes, at this moment you need to redeploy or reimage the roles after changing the service configuration file. See http://dnnazureaccelerator.codeplex.com/workitem/381 

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:03 AM

I figured that out, now i just add new bindings both in service config and in the IIS bindings. Works ok, but it would be nice to get this fixed.

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Yes, is a "must" have. This another workitem (http://dnnazureaccelerator.codeplex.com/workitem/418) combined with the previous one is a good solution.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Hi PbSol, I got 403 error as well upon successful deployment. How did you sort this issue?
pbsol wrote:

Sorry it took so long had a few issues. Eventually got it deployed and now getting:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I have seen a post about this so will have a look at that to see of i can sort it out myself but if you have suggestions i am all ears!

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM

My problem was due to me  typing "," instead of ";" between the host names i added during setup. Once i changed that it worked fine.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Thanks! I redone my deployment using HTTP (Not HTTPS) and it works.