This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error after Wizard Install (ModuleLoadException)

Nov 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I have gone through and setup DNN on Azure following the documentation.  Upon accessing the site for the first time I receive the following error...

An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Couldn't load menu style 'admin/Menus/DNNAdmin': System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.DNNCommon.DNNContext.get_ModuleFolder() at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.DNNCommon.PathResolver.Resolve(String path, RelativeTo[] roots) at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuBase.Instantiate(String menuStyle) ---> System.ApplicationException: Couldn't load menu style 'admin/Menus/DNNAdmin': System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.DNNCommon.DNNContext.get_ModuleFolder() at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.DNNCommon.PathResolver.Resolve(String path, RelativeTo[] roots) at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuBase.Instantiate(String menuStyle) at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuBase.Instantiate(String menuStyle) at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.SkinObject.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

This error causes the admin controls not to load so the site is essentially useless.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I read on the DNN site that this could be related to downloading the source package and not building it in Release mode.  However, I am not sure if the zip file in the Accelerator is a product of that type of a build.  Any one have any ideas?

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hi ahayon. This is the first time that I hear something similar, but a quick search seems to be a DNN related problem (http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Forums/forumid/107/threadid/424553/scope/posts/threadpage/4.aspx). Did you resolve this issue? Which template did you used (Default or blank template)?

The package included in the new 6.1 version is the official DNN package that is also available at Codeplex (compiled on release mode, New Install).

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Im getting this error message on both the extra small & small deployments. Have the lastest version as at Sep 12