Auto option has been disabled

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

I've successfully set up and deployed on azure but the Auto option is disabled on DNN Installation Wizard and says that it cannot connect to a valid SQL Server database.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Remember to setup a firewall rule on your SQL Azure Server in order that Azure Compute instances can access it. To create that rule, simply go to the SQL Azure configuration and in the Firewall rules section, check the "Allow other Windows Azure services to access this server" checkbox.

Hope this helps,

David

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:58 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM

David,

I have the firewall rules set up and checked the box. Is there anything else that might cause the problem?

Thank you so much for your help!

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hum...is the SQL Azure server in the same region/datacenter that the Windows Azure instances? 

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:15 PM

yes, I set them as a same Country/Region.
anyhow, when I select the Typical option by giving its server and database information, I get this DotNutNuke error.
I couldn't figure it out myself..

DotNetNuke Error

System.ArgumentException: Invalid value for key 'attachdbfilename'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString.VerifyLocalHostAndFixup(String& host, Boolean enforceLocalHost, Boolean fixup) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.TestDatabaseConnection(DbConnectionStringBuilder builder, String Owner, String Qualifier) at DotNetNuke.Services.Install.InstallWizard.TestDatabaseConnection() at DotNetNuke.Services.Install.InstallWizard.wizInstall_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

return to potal

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM

It seems that DNN is trying to use a SQL Express Data file instead the SQL Azure database. Are you sure that in the Database configuration step, you are selecting "<label for="wizInstall_rblDatabases_1">SQL Server 2005/2008 Database" instead of "SQL <label for="wizInstall_rblDatabases_0">Server 2005/2008 (Express) File"?</label></label>

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM

David,

It was set for SQL Server 2005/208 not the Express. I guess I will have to try reinstalling it again. Hope that works. Again, thank you for your help.