This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

create additional endpoint

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Hi,

Have a need to create an additional endpoint after (or when) deploying DNN.

What would be the best way to approach this.

I can see the config files in the accelerator but can't seem to work out where to add my start up task. (especially for deployments that have already been rolled out)
Thanks in advance
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Hi Tango,

The endpoints that you specify on the service definition file are "hard-coded" when the .cspkg file is generated on Visual Studio. So the best approach to do this is to download the latest accelerator code from the "Source Code" version, open it on Visual Studio and add the needed endpoints and rebuild the .cspkg file.

Then you can redeploy your cloud service by using this package file and replacing the setting values of the .cscfg with the ones you used originally (this file is stored by default in the "dotnetnuke-packages" container in your storage account).

Hope this helps.
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Thanks so much David,

May I ask what folder these scripts would be in?

Regards

Todd

Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2013 12:34 AM
To: Todd Lane
Subject: Re: create additional endpoint [dnnazureaccelerator:434680]

Hi Tango,

The endpoints that you specify on the service definition file are "hard-coded" when the .cspkg file is generated on Visual Studio. So the best approach to do this is to download the latest accelerator code from the "Source Code" version, open it on Visual Studio and add the needed endpoints and rebuild the .cspkg file.

Then you can redeploy your cloud service by using this package file and replacing the setting values of the .cscfg with the ones you used originally (this file is stored by default in the "dotnetnuke-packages" container in your storage account).

Hope this helps.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM
@tango,

take a look to this MSDN thread. I think is just what you are looking for: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj156208.aspx